Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Thursday, May 25, 2006

New Posts to Homebrew! With Hesitant Stride posts tomorrow!

Yes. I've now posted the entire first chapter of "Homebrew" as well as the first snippet of the second chapter. I'll be adding an excerpt from "With Hesitant Stride" either tonight or tomorrow. Life is Great!

You know, it's wonderful to be able to write every day. And while I write, I listen to talk radio. Sure, I don't always agree with the talk show hosts, but it fills the void. However, I have to remind myself that my 'job', as it were, is to write, not to get excited or enraged over what they're saying on the radio. This is especially true living in California. We're just about a week from our primary and they're all upset about each candidate's stance on various issues, such as sending troops to the border, illegal immigration and the visit of Presidente Fox from Mexico.

Did you know that they've made great strides in computers? Yep. They're now offering Macs from Apple that feature the Intel Pentium D (for dual cpus on the chip) chipset. And the prices for the Windows machines featuring the Intel and AMD dual-cpus are plunging. Makes me wish we were seeing the same level of price drop in digital SLR cameras. I drool over the idea of having a Canon 8- or 12-megapixel dSLR or those Olympus Evolt 8-megapixel dSLRS in my hand. And what's up with Sony, Pentax, Minolta and Nikon? (Okay, Nikon *does* offer a 10-megapixel camera but it's SOOooo expensive!) All their basic dSLRs are 6-megapixels! Why is that?

I don't know about you but I'm all ready for barbecue season. I've already done chicken on my Weber Performer grill and I'm looking forward to barbecueing babyback ribs for my birthday dinner. This year, I'm going for pulled pork from a barbecued pork butt and I've got plans to do a nice beef brisket. Of course, that means, for my family, buying and setting up a new picnic table. I think we'll set up one of those 10' x 10' awnings as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home