Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Friday, May 26, 2006

I found some GREAT D.I.Y. camera sites!

Yes. It is possible to create your own camera. In fact you can either make a large-format camera out of wood, aluminum and cloth or you can just go straight for a paper pinhole camera (using 35mm film) that you cut from sheets of printed paper and glue onto card stock to fold and tape together. Here's the link for a large format camera by Ed Hoover: Ed Hoover's Econon LF Camera. However, I think the most fun can be had by doing the colorful camera from Lighthouse in a Tree (Linatree). They've put together an Adobe PDF file which you can download for free, print onto normal paper using your color printer, glue onto the - thin, because you'll be folding it - black card stock using some of that Scotch 77 spray adhesive, cut out with a craft knife, fold and tape together. Here's the link:Linatree Paper Pinhole Camera. It's blocky, it's red and it's just too simple to pass up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home