Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Yeep!

How time flies when I'm goofing off! Okay. I'm not 'goofing off'. I'm engaging in a rational re-direction of my productivity towards maximizing the reduction of stress through non-goal-specific activities designed to induce a meditative or distractive state.

But it feels so good! I've been sitting at the computer every single day for the last 23 days attempting to cajole, coerce, induce and bribe myself into writing 2,000 or more words on a novel. About mid-morning on the 23rd - that's Thanksgiving Day for those of my (possibly quite few) readers who don't live in the U.S. - I had to take a break. Along with stuffing myself with loads and scads of turkey, I also failed to return to my writing.

Then on the 24th, I chose to 'veg' (assume or remain in a vegetative state) for the entire day. Yes, I managed to get on the computer, but only in short bursts of non-writing-related activity. Haven't written a single word in about two days. I feel wonderful!

Now I have to pick up where I left off and put my heroes into all sorts of crises in the name of winning NaNoWriMo and finishing my first complete novel. Ain't life grand?

BTW, if any of you all wish to help out my fledgeling career by boosting my savings a bit, feel free to click on the 'Donate' button. Worries about my finances have been one of my biggest writer's block issues. And you all love what you're reading, yes? Then please help a poor starving artist.

After that impassioned plea, I direct you to my "Homebrew" blog where you can read all the current snippets of my story. And feel free to stop by my "With Hesitant Stride" blog to read that one. If you have ideas and comments please post them at the relevant places.

I plan on finishing "Homebrew" first and then setting it aside to finish "With Hesitant Stride". Then, in March, I plan to enter NaNoEdMo (National Novel Editing Month) and edit them into shape for submission to the publishers. Between the time I finish the stories and the start of NaNoEdMo, I will write synopses of both and cover letters. I would like to see both stories submitted to the various publishers by the first of June.

So let me know what you think of the stories so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home