Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Friday, November 03, 2006

If you haven't noticed...

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, although it's open these days to anyone around the world) has started. We're into the third day. But with 27 more days left in the event, there's plenty of time to sign up and start writing. C'mon! It's only 50,000 words! I've managed to do 2,000 or so words per day; if I keep that rate up, I'll have written 60,000 words by November 30th.

Is this important? It's probably not going to win the war in Iraq, but yes, it's important. This event gives all of us who've dreamed of writing a novel the chance to try. And no one says it has to be a "good" novel, just that it has to be 50,000 or more words long. I've seen some of last year's entries; trust me, those attempts and "good" don't even belong in the same Universe! Yet a few made it to 50K.

It's open to adults and children - although I doubt *young* children have 50,000 words of one story buried within them.

So feel free to check out my "Homebrew" blog for the latest snippets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home