Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

And we HAVE a Winner!

Yep. It's true. I will not tell a lie. I have crossed the NaNoWriMo 2006 finish line. Yesterday I wrote my 50,000th word, along with 93 more, and uploaded my mad scribblings to the NaNo word count validator.

I now have a selection of fine web graphics to place upon my personal web pages and blogs. I also have a nifty Winner's Certificate that I will be printing out and sending to all my relatives and friends. Woo Hoo!

Of course, for those of you following my descent into high-pressure authorship madness, it comes as no surprise that I now enter another phase - the race to complete my novel. Yes, I have won NaNo, but I still have about 40,000-50,000 words left to write before my story finishes. Wouldn't do to try to submit half a story to the publisher's now, would it? I want this book to be published. Therefore I will continue writing, and posting to my "Homebrew" blog, until I write the last word.

I also still plan to then go back and take up the reins of my last year's entry, "With Hesitant Stride" and complete it. With good fortune, I should have two complete novels to edit by mid-February and be able to submit query letters and synopses to the publishers sometime in April or May.

So feel free to keep reading my posts here and my snippets on my other two blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home