Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Thursday, September 13, 2007

We had a visitor stop by today.

A Green Lady


We had a visitor stop by the house today. Her picture is at the top of this column. As you can see, I couldn't resist snapping her portrait as she rested on our back-yard screen door. It was just a quick shot using the E-300's 14-45 with a +4 closeup lens and the built-in pop-up flash. I went with autofocus as my movement made her quite nervous and skittish. Tomorrow, if she's still there, I'm going to switch to the Sigma 55-200 with the same +4 closeup lens and get a tighter frame on her head and shoulders.

While I like the image, it brings out the need for a good ring-flash in my equipment kit. I could have gotten much closer with the lens, but the pop-up flash was blocked partially, giving a vignetting along the bottom edge. If you click on the image you can save the 1280x710 jpeg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home