Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Monday, December 24, 2007

Not Another E-Book's storefront is up!!!


Yes!

Our storefront is (almost) up! The storefront itself is up. You can now create your personal account information and you can add the NAEB-packaged Cybook Gen3 package into your Shopping Cart.

However, Paypal's giving us technical problems so until they get resolved or we get our *OTHER* credit card processor linked, you can't actually check out. Sorry, but we should be up by Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyway, have a Merry Christmas! The included image to this post is something I threw together from three separate Photoshop tutorials. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so after everyone knows the Cybook blows, you can ALMOST *start selling it*? Quite an achievement. Oh, and you *did* bulk order the non-functional-to-be-replaced cases didn't you? If so, that's two strikes in a row! I'm *very* curious what your elementary teacher will say about your big steps!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Derek A Benner said...

Hunh???

You mean after several thousand have actually been shipped and people are using them, you've somehow come to the conclusion they 'blow'???

And what non-functional cases are you talking about?

Sounds to me as if you've been gorging on too many sour grapes of jealousy, my friend.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Mike G. said...

"blows" overstates it, I think.

My cybook is very pretty, and works quite well.

There's a few very annoying UI choices, but overall, it's still a very nice device.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Mike G. said...

A good summary of what people have run into can be found in the comments thread for this blog post:

http://bookeen.blogspot.com/2007/11/cybook-gen-3-more-reviews.html

It's sad that Bookeen doesn't have a customer support forum where those issues could have been raised (and perhaps responded to)...

But, as I said in my previous post, I like mine, and I'm glad I got it. If they'd let me push the big button to page fwd, flip it upside down, and fix the library screen, I'd be ecstatic.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home