Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Monday, September 17, 2007

Dare I say I like my new Cybook Gen3???

The opening page of 'Roswell, Texas'.


I've had my Bookeen Cybook Gen3 since Saturday and I'm beginning to get the feel for using it and formatting the books I want to load in. (I've got several dozen non-DRM ebooks already in HTML format from Baen Books and I'd rather exercise my skills at re-formatting them into Mobipocket's .prc format than download them pre-formatted. I use BookDesigner 4.0 with the 7/30/2007 update applied.)

But I don't just want to read ebooks. I also want to read graphic novels. My current favorite is "Roswell, Texas" available for reading at BigHead Press. So I downloaded a sample page from the storyline and converted the bitmap into jpeg and then uploaded it into the Cybook. On the top of the screen, you can see the results. Not bad, considering the page is full-color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home