Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Saturday, January 05, 2008

C'est Mort!!

My Cybook is dead. For those who've been keeping track, remember when I accidentally dropped it back in September? As you recall, the only noticeable problem was a column of dead pixels in the display. Well, last Wednesday, as I was clicking the power button to shut it down, the button clicked extra-loud and failed to pop back up. It's broken and can't be user repaired.

This is a bad thing. I'm now deprived of my vast collection of ebooks that I'd stored on the Cybook and I'm cast back out to suffer with my Axim PDA and dead-tree books.

This is a good thing. I'll be getting, as soon as I can FedEx the dead unit back to Bookeen, a new Cybook Gen3. This one will have the complete Not Another E-Book package, including a 1GB SD card and the leather softcover. And it will have a matte finish instead of the glossy finish my engineering sample has.

So long engineering sample buddy, I'll miss you. Hello production model, welcome to your new home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home