Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I still can't decide between Core i7 and Core 2 Quad.

But I'm also wondering whether it would benefit me to have one of those 'netbooks' which have an Intel Atom processor. Dell, Acer, MSI, IBM and Asus all offer models. Asus offers models with 7", 8.9" and 10" screens, while most of the rest offer either 8.9" or 10" models. I'm kind of thinking a nice Acer Aspire One with an 8.9" display and a 120GB hard drive would be a good match as I could leave it with Windows XP on the internal hard drive but put Macintosh OS-X 10.5.4 on an external USB hard drive. (I've always wanted a Mac, but I could never justify the ridiculous prices.)

So what do you all think? Would you own an uber-lightweight 'netbook' pc? Would you upgrade to a Core 2 Quad desktop pc or wait for a reasonable price on a Core i7 unit? Would you buy an Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-700BC or Irex Iliad DS1000 or a BeBook ebook reader?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home