Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Pixil QI looks HOT!

Wow! A netbook/tablet pc (currently Pixil is demoing their oled screen on an 8.9" Acer netbook) with an OLED display! Not only that, but in reflective/'in sunlight' mode, it only draws 0.8 WATTS of power!

Think about it for a minute. Here's a netbook/tablet pc which runs full color in backlit mode and displays in black & white in non-backlit 'reflective' mode. That means you've got the best of transmissive and reflective displays for both indoor and outdoor use.

Add in the low weight and low power draw and this may well be strong competition for the e-ink ebook readers.

I can hardly wait. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey derek!:
I came here for another reason: serching on the internet, I'd found your post entry "cybook bricked"... well, I'm suffering on the same which is not funny at all!
Please tell me how you solved the problem!
also, feel free to contact me to kronblomgubben (A) yahoo.se
thanks in advance,
oscar

12:17 AM  
Blogger Derek A Benner said...

Hi Oscar,

Ummm... Have you charged your Cybook for several hours? That might help. Also, have you done a complete removal of the battery, wait a few minutes, replace the battery and then hit the Reset button? That might help.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home