Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Saturday, December 19, 2009

How do I change my Vista administrator password?

I mean, really? When I upgraded my Gateway Core2Quad from Win XP to Vista, I remember choosing an administrator password and a user password, but I CANNOT find the paper containing the admin password and I want to change it.

Does anyone have a clue?

In the meantime, I've noticed that some people are writing 'romance' stories which are reputed to be 'science fiction'. Yeah. Right. Take "Miss Congeniality", take out the funnyness, add in a depth of mean-spiritedness and aliens which are different only that the men are seven feet tall and change from bright green to dark green when stressed - and despite having tons of 'control' they seem to change every 20-50 pages - and you have the latest offering from Candace Sams. Never mind that it reads like every other cardboard-cutout, female-readership, heavy-breather, what with the inability of the male (of course, this book does target women) contestants to keep their thong swimsuits on and the insistence that the other planets call themselves things like 'Oceanus' - (Hunh?!? Wouldn't they have a name in their OWN language?) the very idea of an Earth Protectorate and the idea that a male beauty pageant would be a good place to strike terror in the hearts of the universe (or even galaxy) is patently ridiculous.

So don't go looking for it. Don't buy the book. Don't encourage such drivel!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

Please attend our little web survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than ?????

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/schoenheitschirurgie/brustvergroesserung/index.html]brustvergrößerung[/url]

Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home