Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Monday, December 14, 2009

I got a new CPaP machine!


And boy is it a wonderful one! It's a ResMed and it's about half the weight of my older Respironics REMStar Plus.

I gotta say, it is a weight off my mind to know that Medicare now *officially* knows I have Sleep Apnea. It was SA, morbid obesity and complications of same that put me onto SS Disability, but because I needed the CPaP so badly, I paid for the sleep study and the original machine out of the initial payment from SS instead of waiting yet another year for Medicare to kick in. *BIG MISTAKE*! Medicare wouldn't take the initial results as part of my 'history' so I had to wait five years for the right to get a study done.

The REMStar worked great for the past seven years, but it was time to get a new one. Thankfully, my pressure readings hadn't increased - I tend to fall to a 70% oxygen level when I sleep without my CPaP. Not good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home