Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Carl Bussjaeger's "Net Assets"

If you haven't read his libertarian novel, "Net Assets", you should. The PDF version is available - for free - from the website linked to the title of this post.

It is a story of a young man who leaves home to make his own way in the world and finds himself working to help launch the first commercial single-stage-to-orbit, reusable space vehicle. Along the way, he and the people he works with, discover just how far the US government will go to prevent independent commercialization of space.

This is a rollicking read (Gawd. I never thought I'd ever use that word, but it so fits.) and while it espouses libertarian philosophy, it does so in small doses without coming across as 'preachy'. If you like near-future, near-space SF that doesn't feature cardboard alien invasions, this is the story for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home