Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Friday, July 09, 2010

Man, oh man! (Home) smoked chops!

Today we didn't feel much like doing any heavy cooking for dinner. So we made a tossed salad using some of the pre-shredded iceberg lettuce salad mix and we cut in some crookneck squash and a double handful of the cherry tomatoes (both of which we are growing in our back yard), took out and thawed two of those smoked pork chops, which we zapped in the microwave, and called it 'dinner'.

Let me tell you... Remember how I said in last post that we'd just sprinkled a little salt, black pepper and garlic powder on them before smoking them on the Weber grill? Hoo Doggie! They were SCRUMPTIOUS! Way better than any of those thin-as-paper store-bought smoked chops and MUCH less salty!

I'm saying that if you can take the time to shop for some thick, at least 1.25 inches thick, pork chops to smoke, do so! Set aside the time, get the grill, charcoal and wood chips and smoke your own!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get much in your theme really. thank your very much i will come every day! jasmine bridal Christian Louboutin Boots

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home