Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yes! Wii Bowling is Fun!

I didn't think I'd ever get the hang of Wii Sports Bowling, but I finally did. Anyone who's read this blog since the beginning knows that I'm far, far too heavy to stand unassisted for more than a minute. In fact, I usually use two canes. Today, I managed to use just one cane to stand so that I could use the WiiMote. I only lasted for one game of bowling, but I managed to stand the whole game!

Then I sat back down - and bowled the next four games. People, my heart rate by the end of the five games (20 minutes real time) was around 134 - and I had broken into a sheen of sweat! I haven't reached that level of exercise in YEARS!

Seriously, if you're morbidly obese - or like me you've reached super-morbid obesity status - get yourself a Wii and start playing the Wii Sports games that come with the system. If I can play at that level of exercise for 20 minutes and more, so can you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home