Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fictionwise's lack of adequate customer support

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

In other words, Fictionwise has a dreadful time fixing ebook download problems. A few weeks ago I pre-ordered Secure Mobipocket versions of W.E.B. Griffin's "The Honor of Spies" and Nancy Holzner's "Deadtown" - the Griffin book cost me well over $24. And there they sat in my bookshelf, showing that they were not available until today, December 29th. No problem, I thought, I've waited for pre-orders to become available before.

So today, that would be December 29th, 2009, I went to download said ebooks, which I must point out, now showed as being available for download.

But when I clicked on them, I kept being redirected to a server database error page. This has happened since just after midnight this morning through to nine PM, my local time.

Further, an ebook I purchased on their website by Morgan Crewe, "Give Up the Ghost", which was also released today, does download - sort of. Actually, when downloaded, I discovered the real ebook was one by Jules Verne, something like "Godfrey (some last name) - A California Mystery". Oops!

So I've now sent three, count them, THREE emails to their support people. The automated acknowledgment system tells me they've been received, but NO action has taken place. As I've been emailing since around eight this morning, and theyr'e US, you'd think I would get *some* kind of help, but NOOOOoooo...

Fictionwise, your customer support sucks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I think polite post. Expressly the title attracted me to review the sound story.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I contemplate the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home