Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Monday, January 04, 2010

Y'know... There are ways to get a decent deal on a Kindle 2.

For one thing, Amazon has 'refurbished' Kindle 2s for around $219, which is lower than the full-retail $259 of the new units.

However, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about broken-screen K2s. So far, I've managed to snag two of these on eBay for under $50 (including shipping) each. And, because each of these still had time left on their 1-year warranties, I was able to get them replaced by Amazon for FREE! That means I've been able to buy - through careful shopping around - $518 worth of Kindles for under $100!

One thing, you have to make sure you're bidding on a K2 that still has time left on its warranty. But even if it's out of warranty, the price for replacing the screen is $135. If you can snag a broken one for less than $50, your total cost for a Kindle 2 comes to around $180!

Get a Kindle today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home