Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Friday, March 19, 2010

Good news from the docs!

It was NOT Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), nor was it full-blown stroke. Given the very limited area affected (what is known as the V2 or Maxillary area of the face) they know that for sure. However, they're not sure if it was a mild case of trigeminal neuralgia, AKA Bell's Palsy, or some other neurological disorder. If it flares up again, I need to get to the doctor and get a steroidal creme prescribed to kill the irritation to the nerve.

Whew!

But not knowing, and having been warned by the doc to think that it could have been TIA or stroke, left me time to ponder what I leave behind if something does happen to me - and of course it will, sometime... just not today.

At this point in my life, I'd be leaving behind good friends, both online and off, a half-finished SF novel a mother I live with and other relatives. I took the time to contact my friends to let them know (this was before going to the hospital this morning) how much I value their friendship. Sometimes I think I don't do that often enough. Do you?

I also realized that there's really no reason why I can't get back on the writing horse and finish that novel. And then go on and write the next three I've either started or gotten ideas for!

Then there's all those birds sitting outside my window just begging to be memorialized by my dSLR.

So yes, life is more than just watching TV. That is what I most clearly learned today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Derek A Benner said...

How strange! Probably the shortest comment I've seen that approaches rational yet manages to be entirely 'meaning free'. Could you be just a 'bit' more communicative? After all, it makes no sense to waste the time to post just these three words.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you post, wish look forward in behalf of more related articles in a jiffy as its one of my pick issue to read.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i very adore all your writing style, very interesting.
don't quit and keep creating considering the fact that it just good worth to follow it,
looking forward to find out more and more of your own content, have a good one!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Derek A Benner said...

That makes sense. I'm glad you enjoyed my last post. Feel free to stop on by for future posts.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home