Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Monday, August 31, 2009

Yay! My Sigma 135-400mm arrived!


And it is a HEAVY monster of a lens! It feels nearly as heavy as the older Sigma 170-500mm I used to own for my Canon system. But it works great on my D90 and I'm quite happy to have it. Yes, Nikon makes an 80-400mm VR, but that puppy runs nearly $1,300 brand new and the new Sigma 120-400mm costs close to $1,100 so I can't see why, when this slightly older, NON-VR, lens can be had on eBay for between $200 and $400 (I got mine for just under $240) and it will do quite a decent job.

I haven't gone outside with it yet, but I've included a hand-held shot (using the built-in flash and ISO 400) of my CPaP machine to give you an idea of the quality - reduced to 800 pixels by 531 pixels, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home