Derek's Blog Page

Can a libertarian curmudgeon survive in a post 9/11 America? Is it possible to create the perfect meal on a Baby Q grill? Will Elaine finally succumb to her innermost desires? Check out my novels - which I am excerpting to separate blogs as I write them. Just click on my Profile button to access their links.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Citrus Heights, California

 

Near Space Press presents Net Assets

 

 

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I think I've figured it out...

I'm a 'foodie'. Well, that and I'm a 'photogie', 'readie', 'writie', 'proggie' and general all-around 'whateverie'... :-)

Now some people, seeing my immense girth and depth of food-loving-dom, might be inclined to argue and say that I'd be better off claiming to be a 'gourmand'. But I'm not. There are foods I have no desire to eat - no Rabbit Tongues in Port Wine Reduction, no Calves Brains with Eggs, no Fugu, no Asparagus Sauteed in Squid Ink for me. No sirree-Bob! You won't find me hanging around the vinyards arguing the merits of tannin, charred barrels or the like either. But I DO like good food. I also like to create my own dishes as well as figure out how to make my own sauces, rubs and spice mixes.

That's why it was such a joy to me to be able to transform the jalapeno peppers from our garden into my own version of 'Tabasco' green sauce. I had some this morning on my breakfast burrito and it was DELICIOUS!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home